Summit Communications Solutions, Corp., based in NJ, is RFOptic’s North America distributor serving USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Summit Communications and RFOptic have a combined 20+ years of experience designing, marketing and supporting optoelectronic solutions across the globe. We operate across multiple industries from Aerospace and Defense to Audiovisual and System Integration.
Check out some of our solutions:
X, Ku, Ka bands
We focus on the following markets:
years of experience
RFoF for Range extension
Since coax cables introduce significant RF losses, typically their length is limited to 150 – 200 ft. If a signal has to be carried longer distances, the signal has to be converted to optical medium where it can be carried up to 20 miles without significant losses. 1 km of fiber introduces about 0.5 dB RF loss (0.25 dB Optical loss).
- To extend the distance between a satellite dish and a receiver
- To extend the reach of your microphone in field recording
- DAS (Distributed Antenna Solution) extension
- To carry Wi-Fi signals to shielded rooms
- To carry signals to underground mines
RFoF for Coax Replacement
- To lower the weight on a tower
- To reduce loss on long coax runs
RFoF for Do-It-Yourself ODL Market
- We provide RFoF up to 20 GHz
- Fixed Single Mode Delay lines
ODL for Range Simulation
- For Radar Calibration
- For Target Simulation
- For any application to insert a fixed delay to an RF signal