Summit Communications Solutions, Corp., based in NJ, is RFOptic’s North America distributor and is Niagara Networks Manufacturer’s Representative.
Summit Communications and its partners have a combined 20+ years of experience working in Optical Fiber Infrastructure and Network Visibility solutions. We work with industry leaders in Aerospace and Defense Industries and many Private, Public and University Research Labs.
Since coax cables introduce significant RF losses, typically their length is limited to 150 – 200 ft. If a signal has to be carried longer distances, the signal has to be converted to optical medium where it can be carried up to 20 miles without significant losses. 1 km of fiber introduces about 0.5 dB RF loss (0.25 dB Optical loss).
• To extend the distance between a satellite dish and a receiver
• To extend the reach of your microphone in field recording
• DAS (Distributed Antenna Solution) extension
• To carry Wi-Fi signals to shielded rooms
• To carry signals to underground mines
• To lower the weight on a tower, to reduce loss on long coax runs,…
• We provide RFoF up to 20 GHz
• Fixed Single Mode Delay lines
• For radar calibration
• For Target Simulation
• For any application to insert a fixed delay to an RF signal
• For Network Visibility
• To optimize data collection and distribution
• For Load balancing
• Up to Layer 7 filtering
• With Application Performance Management tools
• With Network Probes